Can I play video poker on my phone?Everyone today can play any type of video poker game on their phone. You don't have to worry that switching from a PC or offline version will somehow affect the gameplay and put you at a disadvantage to other players. All you will need is to get used to some of the features of this kind of game. Let's tell you about the main ones:
- The player chooses a virtual table with his opponents. He can see the number of participants, their stacks, nicknames and avatars. The player is free to enter or leave the table at any moment, unless otherwise provided by the rules of the tournament.
- In the online version nobody wants to drag out the gameplay, so every player is given some time to make a decision (for example 15-30 seconds). If a player doesn't have time to make his move for any reason, the system automatically considers that he discarded his cards and dropped out of the given draw.
- As long as the player is off the computer (AFK), but remains in the game, he will be automatically removed from the blinds when his turn comes, until he returns to the game.
- A player can communicate with other players in different ways. It all depends on the platform or casino that gives certain functionality or conversely imposes restrictions. Poker is a stressful game for real money, so the ability to communicate players is often cut off completely to avoid increasing the toxicity of the community. However, there are also games in which you can send emoji, which show your reaction to the game, send messages to other players or chat with the croupier, if one is present in the game.
- If a player participates in a long-term tournament, he will announce in advance the schedule of the event, and there will be relatively long rest breaks between games.
Is there a video poker app?Some casinos have gone a step further in mobile gaming and instead of limiting themselves to just a mobile app that gives access to all casino games, have developed a special app specifically for poker players. And this is quite a logical decision. The fact is that mobile applications are sharpened for the functionality of a wider audience, so it is simply impossible to display all the unique features that each section needs. Video poker apps, on the other hand, do just fine. Using a standalone mobile video poker app, you get the following benefits:
- Improved design created specifically for the atmosphere of a poker game.
- More functional buttons, which, for example, allow you not to choose the size of the bet by yourself with the slider, but to press one of the 6 buttons with pre-prepared betting templates. And it is not about any laziness, but about saving time that is given to the player to make a decision.
- The possibility of video communication with the croupier. Mobile applications of casinos rarely allow the player to see the croupier, most often just a virtual table, but some special poker applications have this feature.
- Tournament component. Tournaments in mobile applications never end. Anyone can find a suitable table in a few seconds and join the fight for the big prize. And poker applications are tuned to that desire. It's easy to see all the schedules and conditions, sign up for a tournament, and get a special notification so you don't miss the start or continuation of the game.
- Multitasking. Poker is a relatively slow and measured game, so players who love the drive want to get the most out of it. Especially for them, there is a feature that allows you to be at several gaming tables at once, participating in different deals at the same time. It seems strange, but in practice it is much more exciting and easier.